Volunteering is normally thought of as doing something for someone else: a person, a cause, an organization, an event. We agree, that’s what it is. It’s putting your time, skills, money and ideas into something worthwhile. It’s going outside yourself to create something good. You’re making something happen. The first benefit of volunteering is feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Supporting the Summerland Arts Council helps create an interesting, vibrant and attractive community, one that people like to live in and visit. People like to go to events, see art in galleries and around town, and have workshop opportunities for themselves and their children. You don’t need to be an artist to volunteer with the Arts Council – you just need an appreciation for the arts!
REASONS TO VOLUNTEER
- Use your skills
- Support the SCAC’s programming – workshops, live music, gallery exhibitions
- Use your skills
- Expand your network and meet with like-minded people
- Retired? Start a new “career”. Volunteering would give you meaningful work with a flexible schedule
- New to the community? Volunteering is an opportunity to make friends
- Looking for a challenge? Volunteering can give you something you’ve never tried before
- Make a difference in your community
- Add more fun to your life! Working with a team doing something good for the arts community would accomplish that
HOW TO BECOME PART OF THE SCAC COMMUNITY
- Take a look at the different kinds of volunteers we need.
- Do you want to volunteer on a regular basis or for specific events?
- Find your interests and click to see what’s involved.
- Click on the link to fill out the Volunteer Application. We'll be in touch!
ORIENTATION AND TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
Gift Shop Volunteer
Art Gallery Volunteer
Project/Special Events Volunteer
Children's Programming Volunteer
Advertising/Social Media Volunteer